These are the welfare-related links we’ve been looking at between January 26th and March 22nd:
- Jobcentre was set targets for benefit sanctions –
- DWP seeks law change to avoid benefit repayments after Poundland ruling –
- Local authority housing statistics data returns for 2011 to 2012 – Statistical data sets – Inside Government – GOV.UK –
- Social care reforms could trigger deluge of legal disputes, MPs warn –
- The spare bedroom tax: a mess of contradiction and impossibility | John Harris – And what of the chronic shortage of smaller properties in such places as Hartlepool? In response to this question, I get a remarkable reply: despite the fact that the same statement bemoans people living "in homes that are too large for their needs", it also acknowledges that "most people will not move" and claims that "there are other options available such as taking up employment, increasing hours worked or taking in a lodger".