“Four Olympic staff members – a venue health and safety officer from Epping and three people who work for the Olympic Broadcasting Service.
• A Basingstoke councillor, who is also a senior manager at Lloyds Banking Group.
• A Belgian, nominated for having an eco-home and driving an eco-friendly car.
• A Vodafone account manager, who says on an online profile that he was nominated to carry the Olympic Torch because of his strong sales performance.
• A man from Ballymena in Newport, who has no nomination story but does appear to have a profile on a website called British Sex Dating.
• A Met Police constable.” Continue reading
A cluster of Chinese torchbearers with stories of business success have been identified by Stansted resident David Morgan.
The Herts and Essex Observer reports on his findings, and includes a reaction from LOCOG who say “the Chinese nationals were nominated through a campaign by electronics giant Samsung.” Continue reading